Whether you’re not sure where to begin with the home buying process, or you just have trouble keeping your budget in line, we’re here to help. We are committed to educating both our members and our community on the ins and outs of good finance. That’s why we offer free, 60 minute workshops on a wide range of financial topics.
2020 FREE Educational Workshops
- Friday, February 21, 2020 – Take Charge: Wise Use of Credit Cards/ Debt Management – “How to Manage Debt So It Doesn’t Manage You”/ Build a Strong Credit History
- Thursday, March 19, 2020- Take the Wheel: Get the Best Car Deal
- Thursday, May 21, 2020- Home Buying- Walk Before You Run: The Home Buyer Race
- Thursday, August 20, 2020- Paycheck Planning- Stretch your paycheck further by understanding your paycheck deductions and creating a monthly plan for spending and saving
National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Budgeting 101
- How to Build and Use Credit
- How to Buy a Car
- How to Buy a Home
College Students- Millennial Money Management
- Lesson One- The Art of Budgeting
- Lesson Two- Credit Cards
- Lesson Three- Cars and Loans
- Lesson Four- Saving and Investing
Savvy Saving Seniors
- What to Know about your IRA
- Retirement is Here…Now what?
- How to Spot Elderly Abuse
Unless otherwise noted, workshops are held in the credit union’s meeting room, at our Administrative Building 240 Briarwood Drive, Jackson MS 39206 (Magnolia FCU Administrative Building behind the Main branch on Briarwood Dr.).
To register for an upcoming workshop, simply email your name, email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Budgeting & Credit Repair
– Basic budgeting
– Helpful steps to a spending plan (how this is the foundation to building a good credit score)
– What is a credit score & what makes the number go up or down
– Helpful ways to raise your credit score
Workplace or Classroom Presentations
Not sure you can come to us? Let us come to you! Whether it’s a set meeting time, “Lunch ‘n Learn”, or “after hours” event, we’d love to help your employees, members, or group create a budget, raise their credit score, or make a smart buying decision.
We are also committed to helping children and young adults become financially literate. We provide programs such as Check Writing Fundamentals and Understanding Credit Scores to local schools and youth groups upon request.